Page 1 of 4
TOP 10 REASONS YOU SHOULD RECOMMEND ATLANTA CV DRUM AND BUGLE CORPS TO YOUR STUDENTS AS AN OFF-SEASON AND SUMMER ACTIVITY
- We're serious about education – our instructional staff holds an impressive 25 degrees in music and music education. You know your students will get only the highest-caliber teaching.
- Your students will improve – the level of focus and commitment to their instrument will be first priority. Quite simply they WILL become better musicians and marchers.
- A compatible schedule – as a "weekends-only" drum corps, Atlanta CV members can still attend band camps, summer rehearsals, and other events that may not be possible with members of DCI corps.
- Costs are manageable – at about ¼ of the cost of a season of DCI, marching with Atlanta CV won't create a financial burden for most students. Especially important with the rising costs of school band fees!
- We develop leaders – the best leaders are those who quietly set the example for others. Atlanta CV teaches our members the value of self-discipline, being prepared and humility. These are the same qualities you hope to see in the student leaders in your school music program.
- Diversity in Music – drum corps can give students a chance to learn more detailed techniques for playing a variety of different musical styles.
- Pride and ownership – the dedication and sense of pride developed by the close-knit membership in a drum corps like Atlanta CV builds a sense of ownership. This condition is often contagious and becomes something more and more students want to emulate.
- Get outside the bubble – school students are in some ways "compartmentalized" with the same circle of friends and influences for more than a decade. Joining CV opens the door to friendships, lifestyles and situations that are away from the norm and challenge them on many different levels.
- Stay close to home – while CV does provide exciting travel to competitions, many students aren't ready for the "leap of faith" in moving away for all-day rehearsals in other states.
- Our job is to grow people – the lessons we teach at Atlanta CV are extensions of the ones YOU teach. We seek to grow our members not only as musicians and performers, but as strong, confident well-balanced young adults ready to take on all of life's challenges.